CIQS Job Bank:
CIQS Public Relations/Marketing Manager
CIQS is the premier professional association that sets the highest standard for construction and infrastructure economics in Canada. Designated Professional Quantity Surveyors (PQS) and Construction Estimator Certified (CEC) professionals counsel building owners, developers, designers and contractors at every stage of the design, procurement and construction process to help ensure a return on investment is delivered.
CIQS represents nearly 2,000 members from across Canada and abroad.
Public Relations/Marketing Manager
This position can be located at head office in Markham, Ontario or home office if candidate resides outside of the GTA. We will be accepting submissions from across Canada.
Manager, PR/Marketing Manager – 1 Year Contract
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for building and maintaining a range of external relations as well as liaising with corporate, education and government sectors as part of CIQS’ mission to promote and advance professional quantity surveying and construction estimating.
- Identify CIQS’ key stakeholders
- Interact with provincial and federal government officials and agencies and advocate for the needs of the Institute
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director and the National Board to create strategic partnerships to support industry advocacy efforts
- Provide leadership for the Lobbying and PR/Marketing committees, working with the committee chairs to ensure its responsibilities and deliverables are met on an ongoing basis
- Identify, research and monitor issues, legislation, regulations, policies, guidelines and by-laws of importance to the industry
- Understand industry trends and insights in order to communicate them to stakeholders and members
- Implement and manage an ongoing grassroots mobilization strategy, leveraging members and their companies to increase visibility with stakeholders
- Attend industry and government affairs meetings as required
- Work in conjunction with external partners to promote the industry to related professions and the general public
- Degree in Public Relations, Public Administration, Marketing or related field
- Minimum 5 years in government/public affairs/marketing
- Knowledge of governments’ policies, regulations, procedures and guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven experience developing and managing strategic relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson
- Proven success in executing a media relations strategy
- Willingness to travel within Canada
- Social media and marketing experience
- Expertise in strategic communications
- Association experience preferred
- French language skills strongly preferred, written and oral
Individual candidates responding to the advertisement are requested to provide the following:
- Cover letter with salary expectations
Submit Resumes To:
Sheila Lennon, CAE
Friday, June 8, 2018
Release date: 2018-05-10
Electrical Estimator (EllisDon) Mississauga, ON
At EllisDon, we’re constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
Roles and Responsibilities
You as an Electrical Estimator will:
- Conduct quantity take-offs, material price lists updating, labour productivity analyses, unit rate analyses
- Review electrical drawings and documents to determine scope of work and requirements
- Research/Update historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to assist in future estimates
- Work in collaboration with the Estimating team to create bid packages and prepare for closings
- Support the Estimating team where needed
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to navigate different estimating softwares
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Develop relationships with external vendors
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Education and Experience
Is this the right role for you?
- 3-6 years of electrical estimating experience
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and contract documents
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to create and maintain strong relationships
How to Apply
Release Date: 2018-03-05
Senior Commercial Estimator (Stuart Olson) Richmond, BC
Who We Are?
Stuart Olson has been positively impacting the businesses we serve, the communities in which we operate, and the lives we touch since 1911. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets.
We are a $1.2 billion, fully integrated commercial construction and industrial services provider with offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reduces risk and delivers results.
Overview / Job Summary:
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, the Senior Commercial Estimator will be responsible for the preconstruction cost management of projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support a culture that encompasses the highest ethical standards, and is aligned with the Promise.
- Participate in the project development activities to secure the project(s).
- Develop and execute a project strategy that meets the project’s required performance, schedule and profitability targets.
- Provide preconstruction services from the development of preliminary budgets, cost plans, value engineering exercises, start to finish of tender process and award of sub-contracts.
- Prepare tender documents and trade scopes prior to tendering.
- Work closely with the Project Manager in awarding of sub-trade contracts.
- Participate in project scheduling activities and provide input on achieving preconstruction activities.
- Ensure that preconstruction deadlines are achieved.
- Work closely with the project manager, site superintendent, owner, consultants, suppliers and trades to identify, develop, implement and support cost-effective project delivery.
- Attend meetings with owner and consultants and be comfortable to provide input at the meetings.
- Prepare and manage project budgets during design.
- Liaise with project manager and site superintendent and ensure constructability is addressed during budgeting and tendering.
- Identify, address and resolve issues and problems as or before they occur.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with client, consultants, suppliers and trades.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity when representing Stuart Olson.
- Contribute current cost and productivity information to the company data base.
Stuart Olson Corporate
- Participate in corporate initiatives.
Skills and Competencies:
- Direct estimating experience of large commercial, high rise, civil and/or institutional construction projects $50 Million and greater
- Experience in conceptual Estimating - ability to visualize limited or lack of design information, make reasonable assumptions, do quantity takeoffs and provide budget feedback to the Client and Design Team
- Ability to cost out different schemes and options to provide Value Engineering feedback during the preconstruction process
- Ability to communicate with project team, subtrades, consultants and owner; understand the issues and be an active participant in the preconstruction process
- Ability to recognize and strategize to manage risks
- Experience working in a BIM/VDC environment considered an asset
- Ability to critique information and provide technical explanations
- Ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals; ability to work in challenging, fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a positive attitude
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Supportive of a culture that encompasses the highest ethical standards aligned with the Company Promise
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in quantity surveying or engineering
- Eligible for or have attained PQS, CET or P.Eng designations
- 10 years’ “hands-on” experience in the capacity of commercial estimator including a full range of project delivery methods including lump sum, construction management and design build
How to Apply:
Application Instructions: All interested candidates can apply directly to the position at www.stuartolson.com/careers. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Release Date: 2018-04-18
Senior Estimator (Ledcor) Vancouver, BC
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the building, heavy industrial, civil and Infrastructure, mining, pipeline, power and communications sectors. Ledcor also owns operations in aviation, forestry, marine transportation services, property investment, and wastewater treatment. Ledcor employs more than 7000 people in over 20 offices across North America.
Since 1947 Ledcor has been growing with its clients and partners: Forward. Together. Find out how at www.ledcor.com
As a Senior Estimator you will oversee and create estimate packages in relation to quantity take offs, costing, sub trades solicitation and document control. Your 6+ years of estimating experience have equipped you for this dynamic opportunity; you will autonomously organize and implement estimating activities involved in preparing conceptual budgets, detailed estimates, cost studies, and competitive bids.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Vancouver, BC today!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions
- Develops complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review
- Completes quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects. Performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review
- Develops the schedule on which the estimate is based, requests input from the project team and various trades required
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise with the bidding team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations
- Evaluates and presents or supports the presentation of estimate proposals
- Manages all aspects of the estimate
- Prepares conceptual estimates by interpreting historical data
- Assists in the selection and maintenance of subcontractors within a database
- Provides guidance for non-estimating personnel on their estimating related requirements
- Researches and analyzes cost data for review and presentation to management
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with other estimating staff, all levels of management, clients and Industry contacts; contacts and develops business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates
Skills and Competencies
- Extensive experience with HeavyBid (HCSS)
- Has developed technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess their completeness
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop project schedule
- Has acquired the ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, project deadlines and locations
- Ability to identify problems/issues, looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and generates new solutions to complex problems
- Creates and maintains formal networks internally and externally
- Explains and presents complex ideas while anticipating potential challenges, prepares case accordingly to influence others
- Ability to act as a facilitator and mentor, moves the team forward, may be a team leader or conduct performance management meetings for support or professional staff
- Ability to close complex tenders/bids and proposals
Education and Experience
- Completion of post secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering, Telecom or related education
- 6-8+ years of estimating and or related construction experience in outside plant/civil/telecommunications industries, in a variety of complex multi-discipline projects
- Civil or Outside Plant construction experience
How to Apply
Apply online at http://jobs.ledcor.com/jobs/2517725-senior-estimator
Alternatively, please feel free to reach out to Alex Pascuzzi at Alex.Pascuzzi@ledcor.com
Release Date: 2018-03-08